Grilled Jalapeno Poppers

|
I like to recreate delicious food I've had in restaurants. About a year ago, I had ordered Jalapeno Poppers from Rockwoods Grill in Otsego. Ever since, I've been craving these spicy smokey creamy bites of goodness. I've made them at least a half dozen times since July.

Last week, I was shopping at Aldi and they had a one pound tray of jalapenos for $1.59. I had to get them. I made these Grilled Jalapeno Poppers again on Saturday for the Sims' family as an appetizer before our Shrimp Boil. They are spicy hot and creamy with smoky, salty bacon bits stuffed inside and grilled to perfection. A must try for your next get together or tailgate party.

















Grilled Jalapeno Poppers

8-10 jalapenos (or mini sweet peppers)
8 oz package of cream cheese
4 strips of bacon
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese


Slice jalapenos in half lengthwise. Remove ribs and seeds. (You may want to wear a glove. My hands have been burning for a week.) Arrange on a piece of aluminum foil and set aside.

Chop into bits and fry bacon until crispy. Mix with softened cream cheese, parmesan. Mix well. Spoon about one tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture into the jalapeno halves. Use a cookie sheet under the foil to carry the poppers to the grill. Carefully slide the foil with the poppers onto the grill. (Don't place your cookie sheet on the grill, it will warp. I've tried this.)

Grill, covered on medium heat until the peppers have softened and the cream cheese is hot and bubbly, about 10-15 minutes. Or bake in a 400 degree oven for 35-45 minutes. Enjoy! 

0 comments: