One Big Happy Family!

|

This is my family. Huge. I know. And this is almost 3 years ago. Since then, add Taylor's Fiance, Christine, Paula's two girls, Maddie and Rosie, and Amber's baby girl, Lacie.  That makes 12 adults and 19 kids. Yep, I said 19 kids.

Children are a blessing and a gift from the Lord. Psalm 127:3 CEV

Guess what!? They are all invited for Thanksgiving! I think it's been since last Christmas that we were all under one roof. I can't wait! Yep, we're crazy, in terms of today's world anyway.

I know, I know, it's not even Halloween and I have Thanksgiving on the brain. Having 31 people over for dinner is a big deal. Thus, planning starts now. I have a good size house but we're still going to eat in shifts. This is actually a good thing. All the kids will eat together at 5:00. Then we can send them to the family room to play and watch a movie while the adults eat together in peace, hopefully ;). Any suggestions for a Thanksgiving movie? Other than Charlie Brown, I couldn't think of any.

Free Birds movie poster
Free Birds
Free Birds, a new animation about turkeys is coming to theaters November 1st. This would be great for next year. The kids already have it on their radar. Family night at the movies, coming soon.

I've also been thinking about the dinner table. I'm going to put out markers and crayons and cover it in brown craft paper for coloring (and easy clean up). I think Thanksgiving placemats would be fun too. Pinterest saved me once again. Here's three coloring placemats with activities I found for Thanksgiving.

(source: Confetti by Lexi  confetti.typepad.com)
I love the T H A N K F U L letters down the side. Reminds me of Grandma Marion, my mom's mom. She would write adjectives using our names in our birthday cards plus it gets kids thinking about being thankful.

Better Homes & Gardens: Thanksgiving placemat, all about me
(source: It's All Rainbows & Unicorns)
This is great! We could do this one each year to see how much they change.

(source: Modern HomeMakers)
There's something about word searches that kids love. My husband and I love them too. Whenever we go on a date we ask for two kids menus and race eachother. So much fun and free entertainment on a date.

As for food, that's easy. Potluck style is the way to go. Feeling like I have a great start already.

Hope you are enjoying the Fall and are busy planning for the holidays. 

Making Your Home a Haven week 1
Making Your Home a Haven
P.S. I am following Women Living Well's Making Your Home a Haven Challenge this fall. We're praying for peace in our homes. Visit www.womenlivingwell.org to jump in on the challenge. We can all use a little more peace in our homes especially before the holidays.

Peace. Out.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Rachel,

The party was wonderful! Thank you so much for all your planning, preparation and prayers for the big day. What a blessing it was to all be together.

Love you.

Mom